The iconic green and gold of the WBC was in abundance this weekend. No less than three new World champions were crowned in numerous countries around the World.
In Thailand, Venum x WBC Fight Night hosted not one, but two World title bouts. These huge contests accompanied a Diamond title and International title on the same card.
The first World title bout saw popular Iranian fighter Sajad Sattari face Brazilian Julio Lobo for the vacant Welterweight strap.
- Rodtang vs Jacob Smith: Respect after war on ONE Championship
- How to watch Panicos Yusuf at Muay Hardcore มวยช่อง8
- มวยช่อง8 Muay Thai Super Champ weigh-in results, live stream, how to watch
- ONE 157: Petchmorakot vs Vienot full results and round-up
- Joseph Lasiri defeats Prajanchai, wins Strawweight Muay Thai World title
After a solid performance, “Superman” Sattari was given the unanimous points decision and crowned the new WBC Muaythai World champion.
Later on, the main event saw Venum wonderkid Nabil Anane score a huge second round knockout over Petchnarin. The victory secured the 17-year-old the WBC Muaythai Featherweight World title.
In Australia, the UK’s Lisa Brierley faced Kim Townsend for the vacant Flyweight crown. The Australian, “Lil K” had stepped in on just two weeks notice in replacement of Jasmine Parr.
After five rounds, Townsend was awarded a unanimous points victory, earning a second WBC Muaythai World title in as many months.
You can click here to see the full list of current WBC Muaythai World champions.