In an article published by @muaythairesults on their Instagram page earlier today, it was announced that four of Thailand’s promoters have withdrawn their desire to promote at the World famous Rajadamnern Stadium.
Perhaps the most well-known promoter, Mr Nuttadaj Vachirattanawong (better known as Boat Petchyindee) took to social media to announce his retirement, as well as two other promotions, from hosting events at Rajadamnern Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Niamh Kinehan vs Shannon Gardiner: MTGP preview, how to watch, live stream
- MTGP to host 8-man ‘Road to ONE’ Bantamweight Muay Thai tournament
- 3 UK fighters who could become ONE Muay Thai World champions in 2022
- มวยช่อง8 Muay Thai Super Champ weigh-in results, live stream, how to watch
- Petchmorakot responds to Tawanchai
Both Wanmitchai Promotions and Wankingthong Promotions follow suit in Boat’s decision to withdraw from promoting at Rajadamnern, which was later followed by Chef Boontham resigning from promoting at the stadium too.
Boontham, of Chefboontham Promotions, organised the most recent Rajadamern Stadium birthday show in December 2019, with gate receipts totalling over 6 Million Baht.
A press conference will be held at Petchyindee Academy at 1:00PM local time (6:00AM BST), where Khun Boat will further clarify his position in front of various news media groups.