9 Swedish Athletes Named In New WMC/IFMA Professional World Rankings
Taking results from IFMA International events and WMC sanctioned events, the newly formed rankings will be updated every 8 weeks by the International Rankings Committee.
With a team 19 athletes at last years IFMA World Championships, it’s no surprise that half of those competitors have made the inaugural IFMA/WMC professional rankings.
Just two male fighters were listed across the fifteen weight categories, with two-time Swedish champion and IFMA Bronze medalist Nicholas Bryant comes in at #8 in the Featherweight division, and Anton Sjoqvist at #10 in the Super-Middleweight division.
In the female division, Sweden has 7 athletes listed in the Top 10 of their respective weight categories, which is third in total number of female athletes, behind only Thailand and Russia.
- What Does The Future Hold For Your Martial Arts Academy?
- Provisional Date Of 15th June Set For Return Of Muay Thai In Thailand
- Fight Record’s Top 5 Most Popular Videos On Facebook
- Swedish Champion Mathias Jonsson Signs With World Lethwei Championship
- Las categorías de peso más fuertes para luchadores
In the Lightweight division, Isa Tidblad is listed at #2 and also comes in at #5 at Super-Lightweight, with compatriots Sara Matsson #3 and Erica Bjornestrand #7 also making the Super-Lightweight Top 10.