Major last-minute casualties ahead of ONE: HEAVY HITTERS sees some big changes to Friday’s fight card.
COVID-19 protocols have side-lined numerous athletes who were scheduled to compete this coming Friday, January 14.
The co-main, which was billed as the ONE Light-Heavyweight Kickboxing World title bout against current champion, Roman Kryklia, and challenger Murat Aygun, has been withdrawn.
The Dutch-Turkish kickboxer was forced to withdraw due to a positive COVID-19 test. With no suitable last-minute replacements, Kryklia will spend the weekend in Singapore without a fight.
This means the Bantamweight Muay Thai contest between Tawanchai and Saempetch Fairtex has been bumped up to co-main event status.
Elias Mahmoudi vs Walter Goncalves off
Earlier this week, Brazilian fighter Walter Goncalves posted on his Instagram story, explaining his COVID-19 test had returned positive, and as a result, the bout against Elias Mahmoudi was off.
This was further clarified today, when the French-Algerian fighter, Elias Mahmoudi, also posted about testing positive.
The Flyweight Muay Thai bout will hopefully be rescheduled when both fighters make a full recovery.
Full fight card for ONE: HEAVY HITTERS
ONE: HEAVY HITTERS will now be an eight-bout event, which includes two Muay Thai bouts and one Kickboxing bout.
- (Main Event) (c) Xiong Jing Nan vs. Ayaka Miura (ONE Women’s Strawweight World Title)
- Saemapetch vs. Tawanchai (Muay Thai – bantamweight)
- James Nakashima vs. Saygid Izagakhmaev (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Supergirl vs. Ekaterina Vandaryeva (Muay Thai – strawweight)
- Senzo Ikeda vs. Elipitua Siregar (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Beybulat Isaev vs. Giannis Stoforidis (kickboxing – light heavyweight)
- Tiffany Teo vs. Meng Bo (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Shuya Kamikubo vs. Troy Worthen (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
See the latest on Fight Record YouTube