Modern era Muay Thai promotion, GSV, made a historical announcement last month. For the first time in its 77-year history, women will be competing at the famed Rajadamnern Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.
The bouts were originally scheduled to take place on July 22, but delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Now, the first round of bouts have been confirmed to take place on Friday, August 5.
- Top female Muay Thai fights in Thailand this week
- Rajadamnern World Series: Full fight card, live stream, how to watch
- Judy Humber vs Lena Nocker: Fight preview, live stream, how to watch
- First ever female fights at Rajadamnern Stadium this week
- Top UK Muay Thai events to watch in August
Eight female athletes will compete in the newly-formed Rajadamnern Stadium World Series, which follows a football style group format. Starting out with two groups of four fighters, each of which will face each other once. Fighters will be awarded points based on the results of their bouts, with more points being awarded for earlier knockouts.
Group A in the female Flyweight Rajadamnern World Series tournament is set to take place this Friday. The two female bouts, which will be the first ever female fights to take place at Rajadamnern Stadium, are;
- Aida Looksaikongdin vs Zahra VenumMuayThai
- TheStar Sit-Chor vs Milagros Lopez
Watch the two female Muay Thai bouts take place on the historical event on Friday, August 6. Live stream is available via Thailand Channel 23 from 9.15pm Thai local time / 3.15pm BST (British Summer Time).