Yesterday, modern era Muay Thai promotion GSV made a historical announcement. For the first time in its 77-year history, women will be competing at the famed Rajadamnern Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.
Following on from reports, Rajadamnern Stadium earlier today revealed the opening match-ups for the women’s Rajadamnern World Series tournament.
- Top female Muay Thai fights in Thailand this week
- Rajadamnern World Series: Full fight card, live stream, how to watch
- Judy Humber vs Lena Nocker: Fight preview, live stream, how to watch
- First ever female fights at Rajadamnern Stadium this week
- Top UK Muay Thai events to watch in August
Eight female athletes will compete in the newly-formed Rajadamnern Stadium World Series, which follows a football style group format. Starting out with two groups of four fighters, each of which will face each other once. Fighters will be awarded points based on the results of their bouts, with more points being awarded for earlier knockouts.
The eight female Muay Thai fighters in the tournament are;
- Milagros Lopez (Argentina)
- Zahra Shokoui (Iran)
- Aida Looksaikongdin (Thailand)
- Somrussamee ManopGym (Thailand)
- Zehra Dogan (Turkey)
- Desiree Rovira (Spain)
- Petchnamneung Fairtex (Thailand)
- TheStar Sit-Chor (Thailand)
Moment ago, the first round of bouts set to take place on July 22 were revealed.
- Petchnamneung Fairtex vs Somrussamee ManopGym
- Zehra Dogan vs Desiree Rovira
- Aida Looksaikongdin vs Milagros Lopez
- TheStar Sit-Chor vs Zahra Shokoui
Watch all four female Muay Thai bouts take place on the historical event on July 22.