Australia’s Kim Townsend has won a second WBC Muaythai World title.
Earlier today, she defeated the UK’s Lisa Brierley in the main event at 1774 Muay Thai Series.
Brierley, a two-time Muay Thai World champion, was originally scheduled to face Jasmine Parr. JWP’s daughter was forced to withdraw after suffering injury just two weeks ago.
- How to watch Panicos Yusuf at Muay Hardcore มวยช่อง8
- มวยช่อง8 Muay Thai Super Champ weigh-in results, live stream, how to watch
- ONE 157: Petchmorakot vs Vienot full results and round-up
- Joseph Lasiri defeats Prajanchai, wins Strawweight Muay Thai World title
- Rodtang defeats Jacob Smith, remains unbeaten in ONE Super Series
Just five weeks on from her last bout against Celest Hansen, “Lil K” stepped in as a late replacement.
Townsend was awarded a unanimous decision in the bout against Lisa Brierley. As the decision was called, the commentators were questioning the judges scorecards.
The win secures the Aussie star a second WBC Muaythai World title in as many months. Furthermore, she is now the a reigning two-weight World champion.
Kim won the WBC Muaythai Light-Flyweight World title just five weeks ago. Now she makes history by capturing the Flyweight World title simultaneously.
The win extends her win streak to eight, with her last loss coming against Kana Morimoto at KRUSH in May 2018.
Who should Kim Townsend fight next? Let us know in the comments below.