After a back and forth battle, it was the Kaos Martial Arts fighter, Brooke Cooper, that was awarded the points victory.
“It was brilliant – probably the best I’ve had!”, Brooke responded when asked about how preparation for this fight had gone. “I’ve trained all throughout COVID and had plenty of time for all the niggles and sore spots to recover”, she continued.
“The only downfall was the lack of sparring during COVID, but I had some time after restrictions had eased to get some in then!”
Looking ahead to 2021, Brooke said she has a few other domestic fights lined up to look forward to.
“I’ve got a few Muay Thai fights lined up at the start of next year, so I’m already preparing for those.”
“With world travel off the plans for an unknown amount of time, I’m content with just taking any opportunity that gets thrown my way.”
The full results from Friday’s Eruption Muay Thai 19 at the Eagles Sports Complex in Mansfield, Queensland;
Full fight card for this Friday’s Eruption Muay Thai 19;
- Pat Curry beat Tyler Gilmore via unanimous decision (72kg)
- Nathalie Pavlides beat Jenna Whiteman via unanimous decision (58kg)
- Mateai Mateai beat Liam Sauney via majority decision (130kg+)
- Kiri Bradley beat Spring Sia via unanimous decision (53kg)
- Josh King lost to Ibrahim Abou Saleh via split decision (61kg)
- Abraham Rugato beat Hugh O’Donnell via unanimous decision (70kg)
- Brooke Cooper beat Britney Dolheguy via unanimous decision (60kg)
- James Honey beat Nick Trask by unanimous decision (76kg)
- Ghot Seur Noi beat Anthony Papaz via unanimous decision (60kg)
- (Main Event) Junior Tafa beat Callum Godfrey via first round knockout (100kg+)