After the devastating knockout loss to Superbon in his ONE Championship World title bout, Giorgio Petrosyan will make his eagerly-awaited return to the ring.
It’s been three months since that headkick which was heard around the World, but Petrosyan is fully recovered and ready to begin upping his training regime again ahead of his next bout.
- Anthony Deary vs Alfie Pearse: Live Stream Details, How To Watch
- Superlek beats Takeru in main event thriller at ONE 165 in Japan
- How to bet on ONE Championship Muay Thai fights
- Ranking The Top 5 MMA Fighters Of All Time
- ONE Championship Fighter Fariyar Aminipour dies in motorcycle accident
He will return to his native homeshow, PetrosyanMania, on Saturday, April 30, in his hometown of Milan, Italy.
By then, it will have been six months since the loss to Superbon, where he suffered a broken jaw and underwent surgery to fix two plates.
Over the past few years, Petrosyan has competed several times on PetrosyanMania, which is co-promoted by his brother, Armen Petrosyan.
His last bout on the home event saw win beat dangerous French fighter, Gaetan Dambo, to retain his ISKA K-1 rules World title.
Giorgio Petrosyan has also beaten the likes of Atsushi Tamefusa and Chris Ngimbi on the event since 2017.
An opponent for his next fight in April is yet to be revealed.
Learn more about “The Doctor” Giorgio Petrosyan