After Stephen Irvine spoke out about his thoughts on his opponent this weekend, the Irishman Jay Counsel was quick to respond.
“I’ve watched a few of his fights on YouTube, and I can see he doesn’t like to fight“, Jay told us.
“He has called me out, but I’m not the boogeyman, you only need to say my name once and I’ll appear.”
- Jonathan Di Bella vs Prajanchai confirmed for ONE Friday Fights 58 on April 5
- Jackie Buntan to return against Martine Michieletto at ONE Fight Night 20
- Martyna Kierczynska to face Ekaterina Vandaryeva at ONE Fight Night 20
- Anthony Deary vs Alfie Pearse: Live Stream Details, How To Watch
- Superlek beats Takeru in main event thriller at ONE 165 in Japan
When asked about his training camp and preparation for this fight, Counsel replied; “Training has been bang on for this one. I’ve been flat out for the last nine-weeks. I am more prepared for this fight than I have been for any other fight.
“No particular strategy for this fight, I’m just going to go in there and flow like I always do.”
Talking about Irvine’s fighting style, Counsel added; “He is a very slow-paced fighter and tries to hold out on points.
“I go straight in there looking to take people’s jaws off their face, and this fight will be no different.”
When asked about his plans for the rest of 2019, Jay said; “I want to get one more fight in before the end of the year, and hopefully add another belt to the collection.”