Preview, stats and prediction ahead of Rodtang Jitmuangnon vs Jacob Smith at ONE 157 on Friday, May 20.
After numerous cancellations, Jacob Smith is finally set to make his ONE Championship debut on Friday, May 20.
Originally scheduled to face Rodtang on April 2021, the bout fell through due to travel restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now, he is rescheduled to face the current ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World champion, but the title is not up for grabs.
The pair will square off in the quarter-finals of the ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Grand Prix tournament. Should Jacob go on to win the tournament, he will then earn a title bout against the reigning Flyweight king.
See the fighters’ recent form with the last three fights shown in reverse chronological order below.
Jacob Smith’s last three fights:
- Ricardo Alvarez – Win (Pts), March 2022
- Manuel Gomez Rubio – Win (TKO), October 2019
- Reece Thomson – Win (TKO), March 2019
Rodtang Jitmuangnon’s last three fights:
- Danial Williams – Win (Pts), April 2021
- Tagir Khalilov – Win (Pts), February 2021
- Yodkhuntap SorGor.SuNgaiGym – Win (pts), November 2020
- Rodtang Jitmuangnon holds the most wins in ONE Super Series (10) and has only been beaten once via submission in the mixed-rules bout against Demetrious Johnson.
- Jacob Smith has held the UK #1 spot since his stoppage victory over Reece Thomson in March 2019.
- Jacob Smith has fought once since October 2019. Rodtang has fought ten times during that time.
- Jacob Smith recently won the WMO MuayThai International title against Ricardo Alvarez in March 2022.
- Rodtang Jitmuangnon won the Rajadamnern Stadium Fight of the Year in 2018 and 2019.
- Rodtang has never won a major title outside of ONE Championship.
How to watch Rodtang vs Jacob Smith at ONE 157?
ONE 157 will air live on Friday, 20 May via the ONE SuperApp and ONE Championship YouTube channel.
The lead card is set to kick-off at 4.30pm SGT (Singapore) / 10.30am BST (British Summer Time).