In an official press release published on ONEFC.com earlier today, it has been revealed that Swedish prodigy, Smilla Sundell, will make her ONE Championship debut in January 2022.
The 17-year-old Swedish star will face Australia’s Diandra Martin in a catchweight bout set at 58kg, at ONE: ONLY THE BRAVE on Friday, January 28.
More than a year since putting pen-to-paper and signing with the global martial arts giants, Smilla said she is so happy to finally make her debut on ONE Championship.
Despite no fights in 2021, the Swedish star was one of the best performing female Muay Thai fighters in 2020.
She will face Australia’s Diandra Martin in her first appearance in ONE Championship, who will also be making her debut.
After a huge victory over all-time Aussie great, Yolanda Schmidt, in her last bout at Siam2Sydney, the Muay U Canberra star sealed a deal to join the World’s leading martial arts promotion.
Smilla Sundell vs Diandra Martin will kick-off the lead card at ONE: ONLY THE BRAVE on Friday, January 28. The full 12-fight card can be found below.
Full fight card for ONE: ONLY THE BRAVE;
- Anatoly Malykhin vs. Kirill Grishenko (ONE Interim Heavyweight World Title)
- Tang Kai vs. Kim Jae Woong (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Marat Grigorian vs. Chingiz Allazov (Kickboxing World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong vs. Davit Kiria (Kickboxing World Grand Prix semifinal)
- Ruslan Emilbek Uulu vs. Zhang Lipeng (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Rade Opacic vs. Françesko Xhaja (kickboxing – heavyweight)
- Hiroba Minowa vs. Jarred Brooks (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Smokin’ Jo Nattawut vs. Dovydas Rimkus (Kickboxing World Grand Prix semifinal alternate)
- Tatsumitsu Wada vs. Wang Shuo (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Hiroyuki Tetsuka vs. Zebaztian Kadestam (mixed martial arts – welterweight)
- Anderson Silva vs. Paul Elliott (mixed martial arts – light heavyweight)
- Diandra Martin vs. Smilla Sundell (Muay Thai – catchweight of 58 kilograms)