Two of the greatest Muay Thai fighters in the World are set to collide for a mega Bantamweight match-up on ONE Championship next month.
After a successful ONE Championship debut with a huge headkick knockout of Irishman Sean Clancy, Tawanchai is set to make his second appearance in ONE Super Series when he takes on fellow-Thai, Saemapetch Fairtex at ONE: BATTLEGROUND III.
- First ever ‘Road to Rajadamnern’ to take place on December 16 in Liverpool
- ONE Friday Fights 38: Full fight card, preview, live stream
- RWS Muay Thai full fight card for October 28
- RWS Muay Thai results: Daniel Rodriguez beats Sornkhaw via first round knockout
- Tawanchai vs Superbon rescheduled for December 8
The pair will clash in a meteoric Bantamweight Muay Thai bout, set to air on the pre-recorded event on 27th August 2021.
Saemapetch will be well known to ONE Championship fans. The Fairtex star is the current #1 challenger in the ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai rankings.
His next opponent, however, is known as one of the greatest pound-for-pound Muay Thai fighters in the World.
Despite only a single appearance in ONE Championship, Tawanchai is better known to Muay Thai purists for his achievements on the elite Muay Thai scene in Thailand over the years.
His knockout win over Sean Clancy in his ONE debut catapulted the Thai star to #4 in the ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai rankings.
A bout of this magnitude between two of the top ranked Muay Thai athletes in the World suggests the winner will earn the right to challenge current champion Nong-O Gaiyanghadao.