Scottish Stars Keith McLachlan and Amy Pirnie Secure Big International Wins
Last night two of Scotland’s top Muay Thai fighters were involved in huge title bouts as Keith McLachlan fought for the WBC European title and Amy Pirnie defended her ISKA Muay Thai World title in Finland.
Keith McLachlan, who is a three-time WBC Muaythai champion, faced French Muay Thai and Kickboxing champion Abdel Cherragi for the WBC Muaythai Lightweight European title at Martial Mayhem in Ayr.
After five-rounds, 40-year-old McLachlan was declared the winner and was crowned the new European champion, earning a fourth career WBC title at four different levels – an achievement any fighter dreams of.
- Fight Motion: Jack Cooper vs Jack Maguire – VICTORY 5
- Owen Trykowski Wins Via KO at MAX Muay Thai, Sends a Message To The UK Middleweight Division
- FULL FIGHT: Kongwimut vs Ben Cant – Muay Hardcore 15/02/20
- 20 Australian Muay Thai Stars Named in WBC Male Rankings Update For February
- FULL FIGHT: Andy Howson vs Josh Tonna – ONE: WARRIORS CODE
Having already won the Lion Fight World title and successfully defended it against Lommanee W. Santai at Lion fight 59 in Gothenburg, Pirnie has been named pound-for-pound the best female Muay Thai fighter in the World by many, and last night she showed once again why she is deserved of the title.
Facing the tough and unorthodox Tessa Kannonen in front of the Finnish home crowd, Pirnie dealt with the hostile environment in her typical fashion. Landing body kicks and sweeps on her way to a unanimous decision win to retain her ISKA World title.