Preview, stats and prediction ahead of Superlek Kiatmoo9 vs Taiki Naito at ONE 157 on Friday, May 20.
Superlek Kiatmoo9 (128-29-4) is set to return to ONE Championship for the first time since the Kickboxing title defeat to Ilias Ennahachi at ONE: Fists of Fury in February 2021.
The Thai striking sensation, nicknamed the “Kicking Machine” is set to face dangerous Japanese star Taiki Naito (34-8) at ONE 157.
The pair will clash in the opening round of the ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Grand prix tournament.
The winner of the bout will likely face either Savvas Michael or Amir Naseri in the semi-finals.
See the fighters’ recent form with the last three fights shown in reverse chronological order below.
Superlek’s last three fights:
- Superball Tded99 – Win (Pts), April 2022
- Rungkit Wor.Sangprapai – Win (Pts), April 2021
- Ilias Ennahachi – Loss (Pts), February 2021
Taiki Naito’s last three fights:
- Petchdam Petchyindee Academy – Win (Pts), September 2021
- Wang Wenfeng – Win (Pts), June 2021
- Jonathan Haggerty – Loss (pts), December 2020
- Superlek will make his first appearance in ONE Super Series since the loss to Ilias Ennahachi in February 2021.
- Superlek’s win over Superball Tded99 at Muaymunwansuk last month was his first fight in 12 months.
- Despite the loss to Ilias Ennahachi, Superlek has won 9 of his last 10 fights.
- Superlek is 4-1 in ONE Super Series and hasn’t been beaten under Muay Thai rules.
- Taiki Naito will make his 7th appearance in ONE Super Series when he faces Superlek.
- Taiki Naito is 5-1 in ONE Championship, his only loss coming against Jonathan Haggerty.
- Taiki Naito has beaten the likes of Petchdam and fellow Grand Prix entrant Michael Savvas.
How to watch Superlek vs Taiki Naito at ONE 157?
ONE 157 will air live on Friday, 20 May via the ONE SuperApp and ONE Championship YouTube channel.
The lead card is set to kick-off at 4.30pm SGT (Singapore) / 10.30am BST (British Summer Time).