Today, the Nimibutr Arena in Bangkok, Thailand, hosted Day 2 of the 2021 IFMA Muay Thai World Championships.
Some of the featured fights taking place earlier today, saw the opening rounds of the Female Elite S 57kg category.
- First ever ‘Road to Rajadamnern’ to take place on December 16 in Liverpool
- ONE Friday Fights 38: Full fight card, preview, live stream
- RWS Muay Thai full fight card for October 28
- RWS Muay Thai results: Daniel Rodriguez beats Sornkhaw via first round knockout
- Tawanchai vs Superbon rescheduled for December 8
The Swedish fighter, who won gold at the 2019 European Championships, outscored her Russian opponent to take a 29-28 victory and advance to the semi-finals.
Outclassing her opponent in striking and clinching, Iman scored a 10-8 opening round before the referee called a stop to the contest in Round 2, outclassing her opponent with an official results of 20-16.
Barlow will now meet Swedish fighter Patricia Axling in the semi-final, which is scheduled to take place on Ring A on Friday, December 10.
In the other half of the tournament bracket, French fighter Anaelle Angerville, defeated Brazilian champion, Graziele da Silva 30-27, and Alina Martyniuk registered the same score against Turkey’s Nefise Atalay.
Alina Martyniuk and Anaelle Angerville will also meet in a semi-final bout on Friday, with the winner meeting either Iman Barlow or Patricia Axling in the final, scheduled to take place in Ring C on Saturday.
See the latest on Fight Record YouTube